CALL FOR CURATORS
Open call for applications for curatorial positions
Window is seeking three new curators to contribute to the running of both its onsite and online programmes. Window is proud to now be in its 14th year of exhibitions. Operating under the University of Auckland.
It prizes a focus on emerging artists and provides a well-regarded platform for young artists both locally and further afield. Located at the centre of the city campus, Window’s onsite space engages with an audience from across the university. Through its online site, Window aims to increase the visibility of online and digital projects.
The position is voluntary, entailing between 5-15 hours of curatorial and administrative work per week, with exhibitions rotating on a monthly basis. The three successful applicants will begin together with help and insight by the previous three, Dexter Edwards, Anna Sisson and Lucinda Bennett.
Applicants should be competent in the following areas:
- Active engagement with the local art community
- Breadth of knowledge in wider art practices
- Strong academic writing ability
- Willingness to take part in all stages of the exhibition process: conceptual, planning, managing, and installation of works.
- Organisational skills: planning and managing of schedules
- Ability to network and promote upcoming shows
- Sensitivity to working within a larger institutional context
DESIGN AND/OR DIGITAL
- Design skills and knowledge of design to print processes
- Competence in digital processes
Applicants should submit a CV, a (brief) letter of interest, and relevant supporting material (two examples of previous critical writing and / or curatorial work will be sufficient).
Submissions now closed